Organisms and Populations
Organisms and environment
- The term ecology is a discussion (or) study about the house (or) place to live, which was first introduced by Reiter.
- Ecology is the study of inter-relationship between living organisms and their environments and among the living organisms.
- The hierarchy in the levels of organization connected with ecological grouping of organisms is called ecological hierarchy.
- The basic unit of ecological hierarchy is an individual organism.
- Same kind of organism inhabiting different geographical areas is called as population or it can be defined as a group of individuals of same species.
- A group of organisms of different species which are interdependent (or) inter related is termed as biotic community.
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.