Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- DNA finger printing / DNA typing is determining the DNA sequence of an organism.
- DNA sequence is initially isolated from an individual and the VNTRS of the individual is isolated and a probe solution is prepared.
- A probe is a small DNA molecule attached with radio active isotope.
- Suspect’s VNTR is isolated through the same procedures and are blotted by Nylon membrane in Agarose Gel.
- Then the nylon membrane containing suspect’s VNRT is inserted into the probe solution.
- Later, Auto radiography is performed to find out the DNA finger prints. DNA fingerprints will be formed only in the nylon membrane containing VNTRS that is same to that of probe solution.
- As they are complimentary to each other, 2 VNTR’S hybridizes with each other to make a double strand.
Watch this video for the topic from 16:26 to 34:11
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.