Biotechnology : Principles and Processes
Process of Recombinant DNA Technology
- After isolating and cutting the DNA of specific locations, PCR [Polymerase chain Reaction] is performed to amplify the gene, which involves three steps namely. (i) Denaturation (94°C – 96°C) (ii) Annealing (40°C – 60°C) (iii) Extension (72°C), by using DNA Template, primers and Enzyme – DNA Polymerase (Taq polymerase)
- Taq polymerase is a thermostable enzyme isolated from a cyanobacteria thermus aquaticus.
- PCR has other applications like pathogen detection, detection of mutation, Palaentology, Gene therapy and etc;
- After the transformants are obtained, Bioreactors are used to produce the desirable products of the transgene inserted. Two types of reactors are stirred Tank type and bubble column (or) Air lift Fermentor.
- Three basic types of Fermentation process are (i) Batch (ii) Fed Batch (iii) Continuous.
- Finally the product is separated and purified by a collective process called Downstream Processing.
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.