Biotechnology : Principles and Processes
Principles of Biotechnology
- Biotechnology is the technique of using plant (or) animal cells, microbes or their components to produce products useful to human beings.
- Two types of biotechnology are Traditional (old) and modern.
- Traditional types explain only the natural capabilities of the organism.
- Modern biotechnology involves r. DNA Technology by introducing transgene into the organism.
- Genetic Engineering and chemical engineerings are the 2 important techniques which focusses on upstream and downstream processing respectively.
- Plasmids and Restriction Endonucleases are the 2 main discoveries in Genetic Engineering.
- Paul Berg → Father of Genetic Engineering.
Cohen and Boyer → Discovered r-DNA Technology.
Arber – Nathan – Smith → Restriction Endonucleases (Molecular Sissors)
Part-1: Watch this video for the topic from 0:30 to 18:56
Part-2: Watch this video for the topic from 0:09 to 6:53
Part-3: Watch this video for the topic from 0:10 to 8:44
Part-4: Watch this video for the topic from 0:09 to 10:47
Part-5: Watch this video for the topic from 0:09 to 17:19
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.