Respiration in Plants
- Hans adolt krebs, first observed citric acid / Tri carboxylic acid cycle in breast muscle of pigeon.
- The cycle consists of 10 enzymatic steps, four of which are dehydrogenations.
- Kreb’s cycle is operated in the mitochondrial matrix as it contains the complex mixture of soluble enzymes that catalyse the respiration of pyruvic acid and other small molecules.
- @@@@ IMAGE
- Overall Kreb’s cycle yields the energy molecules such as 2ATP, 8 NADH and 2FADH [Thereofe it yields 30 ATP]
- Kreb’s cycle is followed by Terminal oxidation that occurs in 2 steps
(i) Electron Transport chain.
(ii) Oxidative phosphorylation.
Watch this video for the topic TCA cycle from 40:23 to 54:51
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.