Moving charges and magnetism
Torque on Current Loop and Magnetic Dipole
- Torque acting on current loop kept in magnetic field is Τ = Bian sin θ
- Maximum Torque Τmax = Bian
- Principle of moving coil galvanometer is when a current carrying coil suspended in a uniform magnetic field it experiences a torque.
- Poles of magnet are concave in shape to make the magnetic field radial.
- Soft iron cylinder is kept at the centre of magnetic field to increase the flux.
- Phosphorus bronze wire used to moving coil galvanometer has high young’s modulus law, rigidity modules.
View the Topic in this video From 27:56 To 55:45
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.
Torque on a current carrying coil placed in a Uniform Magnetic Field
\tau = NIAB \sin \theta = MB \sin \theta