Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Sequence of nucleotides in mRNA gives the information for the synthesis of polypetide chain.
- They are triplet in nature and universal.
- One codon consists of three nitrogenous bases of RNA and one codon gives rise to one amino acid (except stop codons).
- Codons show degeneracy, ie – single amino acid is coded by more than one codon [Exception UGG → Trp ; AUG → met]
- Third base pairing in codon is considered as wobble pair as the base pairing is flexible.
Wobble base pairing
|tRNA anticodon||m-RNA codon|
Part-1: Watch this video for the topic from 0:36 to 9:19
Part-2: Watch this video for the topic from 0:10 to 12:29
Part-3: Watch this video for the topic from 0:10 to 13:45
Part-4: Watch this video for the topic from 0:10 to 10:57
Part-5: Watch this video for the topic from 0:10 to 13:26
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.