Respiration in Plants
- RQ is the ratio of volume of CO2 evolved to the volume of O2 consumed in respiration per unit time per unit weight @ standard pressure and temperature that is measured by respirometer
- RQ = unity for carbohydrates
- RQ = 0.7 for fat and 0.9 for proteins
- Succulents do not evolve CO2 during night, therefore, RQ tends to ‘O’.
- RQ > 1, for organic acids (Eg : malic acid)
- RQ = Infinity for anaerobic reaction, as O2 is not consumed.
Watch this video for the topic Respiratory quotient from 24:31 to 41:04
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.