Excretory Products and their Elimination
Disorders - uraemia, renal failure, renal calculi, nephritis; dialysis and artificial kidney, kidney transplant
- Uraemia is the condition of urea accumulation in blood due to kidney malfunction, which leads to kidney failure.
- Kidney stones (or) renal calculi are solid masses of crystals that originate in kidneys.
- Nephritis is the inflammation of kidneys that may involve glomeruli, tubules (or) interstitial tissues.
- Haemodialysis is the separation of certain substances from blood by use of a selectively permeable membrane. Blood from the artery is pumped into dialyser that is filled with same quantities of electrolyte/Nutrients as normal plasma but without waste products. Now the blood is returned to patients body through radial vein.
- A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure to place a healthy kidney from a live or decreased donor into a person whose kidneys no longer function properly.
Part-1: Watch this video for the topic from 0:04 to 6:38
Part-2: Watch this video for the topic from 4:36 to 11:03
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.