Cell : The Unit of Life
Plant cell and animal cell
- In plant cell, cell wall is present and it is absent in animal cell.
- In plant cell, nucleus usually lies near periphery due to Vacoule
- Centrosome is usually absent in higher plant cells except lower motile cells.
- Plastids are present in plant cell. Chloroplast contain chlorophy which is responsible for green colour in plants.
- Mitocondria present in plant cell are generally spherical or oral in shape.
- Single large central vacuole is present in plant cell.
- Plant Cell's cytoplasm during cell division usually divides by cell plate method.
- Plant cells are capable of forming all the aminoacids, coenzymes and vitamins.
- Lysosomes present in plants are less in number.
- In animal cell, nucleus is present near the centre.
- Usually centrosome in animal cell is present that helps in formation of spindle fibres.
- Plastids are absent in animal cell. Mitocondria present in this have tubular shape.
- Vacuoles are present in many numbers in animal but they are smaller in size.
- Animal cell's cytoplasm divides by furrowing (or) Cleavage method
- Animal cells can't form all the aminoacids, coenzymes & vitamins.
- Lysosomes present in Animal cell are more in number.
View this video for the topic from 7:55 to 8:47
Disclaimer: Compete.etutor.co may from time to time provide links to third party Internet sites under their respective fair use policy and it may from time to time provide materials from such third parties on this website. These third party sites and any third party materials are provided for viewers convenience and for non-commercial educational purpose only. Compete does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services available on these third party sites. Compete.etutor.co makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of these sites and the fact that compete.etutor.co has provided a link to such sites is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by compete.etutor.co with respect to such sites, its services, the products displayed, its owners, or its providers.